Job Title: Buyer
Level: Support Role
Reports to: Procurement Manager
Direct Reports: None
Key Relationships: Internal stakeholders and external suppliers
Job Purpose: Procurement of goods and services as required to meet business needs.
Location: Module/Bathroom Pod Factory
Elements Europe has successfully positioned itself as a leading organisation in the UK’s off-site manufacturing and construction market; having an enviable portfolio of projects across hotels, residential and student accommodation has put us as one of the UK’s leading offsite building solutions.
Following substantial investment by a leading global construction firm, GS Engineering & Construction (GS E&C), Elements Europe have a number of large projects in the pipeline and is looking to scale up the delivery capability with immediate effect.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Procure direct and indirect goods and services for factory-built modules/bathroom pods and external construction sites.
- Act as Procurement Project Lead on specific projects, a key link between the estimating and design functions and the wider business
- Negotiate with new and existing suppliers to obtain best pricing and terms for all business purchases.
- Review requisitions and send out request for Quotations and purchase orders to suppliers.
- Obtain and analyse quotes to determine best value.
- Monitor planned category spend versus budget on projects.
- Monitor and drive supplier performance.
- Monitor project material breakages and order replacements as required.
- Liaise with suppliers regarding defective goods and resolve any issues.
- Ensure all materials as required by the manufacturing facility are delivered on time in full, in line with build schedule.
- Ensure all construction site materials are supplied as required, in line with build programme and client handover dates.
- Track supply market conditions and price trends
- Aid with the implementation of procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure stock levels are optimised against production schedule using SAP.
- Proactively deal with supply issues and provide alternative solutions.
- Identify and negotiate cost saving opportunities within the supplier base.
- Provide feedback to the wider business on pricing and changes that need to be incorporated for future projects.
- Monitor the status of orders and resolve any outstanding deliveries.
- Assist with resolving invoice queries in a timely manner.
- Attend supplier meetings to review performance and discuss future supply opportunities.
Experience / Knowledge Required:
- Previous experience in construction procurement
- A Levels / BTEC
- Degree education is advantageous
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel and Word
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities for this post, the Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the business.
If there are any further questions please don’t hesitate and contact me.
Elements Europe inspires great diversity within our company and in our key values, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer with a diverse workforce from a range of demographics and backgrounds.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals with a passion for learning, to join our team based in Telford so if you like the sound of the above then apply today!