Job Title: Health, Safety and Environment Advisor
Reports to: SHEQ Manager
Direct Reports: None
Job Purpose: To support the SHEQ Manager
We are an offsite buildings solutions company, delivering innovation through smart thinking, collaboration with partners and clients, and with sustainability and responsibility at the forefront of everything we do.
What you will do
The focus of this role is to provide Health, Safety and Environment support from within the SHEQ department, to all site operations on short-, medium- and long-term goals.
What we need you to have
You will have enthusiasm for your work, as you will be joining a new team, who are enthusiastic and are striving to drive a new culture change through the business. This role is a supporting role to the SHEQ Manager.
- Work collaboratively with the SHEQ manager in formulating and developing the HSE procedures and standards across the business,
- Have knowledge/understanding and implementation of ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001
- Keep up to date and manage the legal register, and bring to attention any relevant changes,
- Support the SHEQ Manager to ensure all site facilities are operated safely and responsibly, in line with relevant standards and legislation,
- Assist the SHEQ Manager in developing and maintaining a culture that achieves high standards of health, safety, and environmental compliance throughout the company,
- Assist the SHEQ Manager with ensuring all information and communications are up to date and communicated across the site,
- Assist/support the SHEQ Manager in the delivery of the training programme,
- Ensure the internal audit schedule is maintained and completed in line with the schedule, creating an action tracker to drive non-conformities to completion,
- To assist the SHEQ Manager with external audits/accreditations,
- To develop and recommend control measures on the standard of PPE to be used and issued to employees,
- To create and communicate safety alerts where appropriate to educate and share learnings,
- To assist and support the SHEQ manager in the development/review/implementation of risk assessments, and SOP’,
- Assist the SHEQ Manager to ensure all statutory inspections are being carried out throughout the site (PUWER, LOLER etc.),
- To assist the SHEQ Manager to develop/maintain the IMS system,
- Conduct accident investigations, incident and near-miss reports,
- Conduct site inductions,
- Assist the SHEQ Manager to strive for improvements in Environmental performance across the site and support any initiatives to aid their success,
Ideally you will have
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001:2015, ISO45001,
- NEBOSH general, (minimum)
- NEBOSH construction, (working towards or willing to complete)
- Good auditing skills,
- Able to work proactively,
- Computer literate – with a working knowledge of Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint,
- Excellent communication skills,
- Experience in, off-site building solutions, (Desired)
This is not a complete statement of all duties and responsibilities for this post, the Company may require you to undertake other duties within your capabilities according to the needs of the business.
If there are any further questions please don’t hesitate and contact us.
Elements Europe inspires great diversity within our company and in our key values, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer with a diverse workforce from a range of demographics and backgrounds.
We are seeking enthusiastic individuals with a passion for learning to join our team based in Telford so if you like the sound of the above, apply today!